Sunday, March 15, 2009

I HATE Sleeves

So I got my crochet mojo back. I've been working on Tammy Hilderbrand's "Chicago Swing Jacket" since late last month. I can only crochet for short stretches so I'm just now getting to the sleeves. I'm sure I mentioned my hatred when I wrote about Afya's "It's a Wrap". Well, Chicago hasn't made me love them anymore. It's my second "large wearable" and the sleeve construction was new to me. The shoulder (a sort of cap-sleeve) was made first and then the rest of the sleeve is worked. I'm including some pictures of the item and a close-up of the offending pre-sleevage
So far I've used just shy of 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather (it looks silver to me due to the sheen of the yarn). I'm guessing it'll end up being around 2 and a third maybe a half. I haven't found buttons I want to use just yet. I thought about finding some large sew on rhinestones and using those for a bit of pop. That or grey square buttons. I really don't want to crochet the buttons like the pattern suggest. Decisions decisions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment