Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lux the Neckwarmer

This is my neckwarmer, his name is Lux (you should feel this yarn)...

He is my friend on days like today when Music City is cool, rainy, and pretending that it knows that the seasons have changed. I know I know he doesn't look like he belongs to a woman, but that's because his lovely wool/angora blend yarn was purchased to make a scarf for my ex-boyfriend (last November). He's wonderful really, made up from my own mind with a mesh stitch done in double crochet. His gray trim is done in single and half double crochet. I just kind of came up with the button and tab, creating as I went. Once again the yarn is something whose name I can't recall because I purchased it last year at the LYS. I even have a picture of Lux lovingly embracing my cold neck...


See don't we look happy :) . Lux has a sister in the making her name is Blaze (started out as the back from the blazer in the Happy Hooker book) she will be appearing shortly. Lux and Blaze will also be getting a cousin who will go to live with one of the wonderful ladies that works in my school's dining hall (the cousin has no gender or name yet). I think this is the beginning of Nappy Threadz Custom Crochet... What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lux looks great on you. How are you doing? Looking forward to your neckwarmer series...lol

Post a Comment